The deluge of information from the 3.1 PTR has begun!
Paladin Glyph Changes and Additions
- Glyph of Exorcism — Increases damage done by Exorcism by 20%. (Old: Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 2 sec.)
- Glyph of Divinity — Your Lay on Hands grants twice as much mana as normal and also grants you as much mana as it grants your target. (Old: Your Lay on Hands also grants you as much mana as it grants your target.)
- Glyph of Lay on Hands — Reduces the cooldown of your Lay on Hands spell by 5 min.(Old: Increases the mana restored by your Lay on Hands spell by 20%)
- Glyph of Beacon of Light *new* — Increases the duration of Beacon of Light by 30 sec.
- Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous *new* — Your Hammer of the Righteous hits 1 additional target.
- Glyph of Divine Storm *new* — Your Divine Storm now heals for an additional 15% of the damage it causes.
- Glyph of Shield of Righteousness *new* — Reduces the mana cost of Shield of Righteousness by 1 to 6%.
- Glyph of Divine Plea *new* — While Divine Plea is active, you take 3% reduced damage from all sources.
- Glyph of Holy Shock *new* — Reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 sec.
- Glyph of Hand of Salvation *new* — When you cast Hand of Salvation on yourself, it also reduces damage taken by 20%.
There are some mighty interesting glyphs there. I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to run with, personally; I’ll wait to make any decisions until a) it’s closer to release, and b) I see what Ulduar’s like. Still, some food for thought here! (I particularly like the buff to the Lay on Hands glyphs; they’ll make a great one-two punch as a Minor/Major combo.)
New Craftable Gear
- the Plate Girdle of Righteousness (49 Stam, 62 Int, 81 spellpower, 40 haste, 22 mp5, red & blue sockets with a +7 spellpower socket bonus)
- the Treads of Destiny (73 Stam, 62 Int, 81 spellpower, 49 haste, 19 m5, red & blue sockets with a +7 spellpower socket bonus)
I need to do more than hasty napkin math, but these items look to be to be inferior to what I consider current best-in-slot – Waistguard of Divine Grace and Poignant Sabatons, both from Naxx-25, so I wouldn’t bother saving mats for them if you’re doing 25-man raids.
For the first time ever, it looks like there’s a legendary that’s usable by – and of interest to – us healing paladins!
The Fragments of Val’anyr are like the old shards of Atiesh from level 60 Naxxramas; gather 40 to form the weapon.
Needless to say, this is going to be heavily sought-after, I imagine.