The 3.1 patch notes are out, and you can read them here on MMO-Champion. I’m not going to reprint them in their entirety, but! There are a couple of things of interest to holy paladins in particular.
- Auras will now persist through death.
- Blessing of Kings is now trainable at level 20. Removed from talent trees.
- New Talent Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Sacred Duty (Protection) rank 1 now increases Stamina by 4%.
- Benediction (Retribution) now affects Hand of Reckoning.
- Fanaticism reduced to 3 ranks for 6/12/18% bonus and 10/20/30% threat reduction.
- Repentance no longer resets the Paladin’s melee swing timer.
- Righteous Vengeance reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%.
Well, isn’t that interesting? That Tier 1 talent, Divinity, looks like a must-have for holy paladins – why wouldn’t you want an extra 5% healing done? For paladins who’d previously taken Kings, it’s an easy switch – for the rest of us, it means giving up a delicious 3% crit from the Retribution tree. Goodbye, Sanctified Seals – I’ll miss you!
Also of particular interest to Holy paladins:
- Glyph of Holy Light: Can no longer crit and has had its range updated.
Obviously, it’s early days yet, and this is all subject to change anyway; I will, of course, keep you all informed.