More of my Google traffic comes from ‘jewelcrafting dailies’ than any other single search term, so obviously people are looking for some good information. Hope this helps.
Unlike most other tradeskills, there’s a daily quest for Jewelcrafters to complete. Each daily rewards you with 13.23 gold (or 7.4 gold and 12,650 experience if you’re doing it before level 80), 25 Kirin Tor reputation, and the most important thing: a Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s Token. These tokens are essential to acquire for any serious jewelcrafter; they’re used to purchase most of the core rare-quality gem cuts (for more on the cuts available in WotLK, see this post). The tokens are also used to buy recipes for high-quality crafted necklaces and rings, as well as the raw gems for JC-only cuts.
All of the quests come from one NPC, Timothy Jones in Dalaran. He’s also the main Jewelcrafting Trainer.
You can’t do the daily quests until you’ve completed a basic starter quest from Timothy called Finish the Shipment, which just asks you to take him a raw Chalcedony gem. The quest is available at level 65 and requires 375 Jewelcrafting skill.
Once you’ve completed that, Timothy gives one daily quest a day, selected randomly from the following list:
- Shipment: Blood Jade Amulet
- Shipment: Bright Armor Relic
- Shipment: Glowing Ivory Figurine
- Shipment: Intricate Bone Figurine
- Shipment: Shifting Sun Curio
- Shipment: Wicked Sun Brooch
Each quest involves combining a quest item from a Northrend mob with two different uncommon-quality raw gems. As with the starter quest, the dailies are available at level 65 and require 375 Jewelcrafting skill.
Note that there’s no actual crafting involved; once you have the quest item and the gems, just right-click the quest item to combine it into the final hand-in.
The gem requirements are balanced, in that if you did all six quests once each, you’d need two of each type of uncommon gem.
Blood Jade Amulet
The quest item drops off any Vrykul in Northrend.
- Easiest for low-level JCs: vrykul around Kaskala in Borean Tundra, or outside Valgarde in Howling Fjord.
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: vrykul in Ymirheim in Icecrown, or Valkyrion in Storm Peaks.
- Can combine with: a run through Utgarde Keep or Utgarde Pinnacle, as it can drop from the Vrykul in there, or the various daily quests for Ymirheim (from Orgrim’s Hammer/the Skybreaker) or Valkyrion (from Brunnhildar Village).
Bright Armor Relic
The quest item drops off elementals in Northrend.
The quest description says the item comes from revenants, the new style of elemental mob found in Northrend, but other elementals do carry them as well.
- Easiest for low-level JCs: Ice Revenants at the frozen lake east of Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight, .
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: Crystalline Ice Elementals in the North of Dragonblight.
- Can combine with: farming in Wintergrasp, the Hot and Cold daily quest for Sons of Hodir, a Halls of Lightning run, or any number of other quests.
Glowing Ivory Figurine
The quest item drops off any shoveltusk in Northrend.
- Easiest for low-level JCs: shoveltusk packs all over Howling Fjord.
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: shoveltusk packs all over Howling Fjord.
- Can combine with: not much. Farming for meat, perhaps, if you’re a cook.
Intricate Bone Figurine
The quest item drops off any proto-drake, small or large, in Northrend.
- Easiest for low-level JCs: Proto-Whelps in the Ember Clutch in Howling Fjord.
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: Stormpeak Wyrms in the centre of Storm Peaks.
- Can combine with: an Utgarde Keep run.
Shifting Sun Curio
- Easiest for low-level JCs: take your pick, seriously.
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: mobs south-east of Mordrethar in Icecrown, or ghouls around Galakrond’s Rest in Dragonblight.
- Can combine with: Ahn’Kahet, Drak’Tharon Keep, CoT: Stratholme, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Naxxramas, or any number of daily quests.
Wicked Sun Brooch
The quest item drops off any iron dwarf in Northrend.
- Easiest for low-level JCs: the iron dwarves in Giants’ Run in Howling Fjord.
- Closest to Dalaran for high-level JCs: Stormforged Dwarves around the Temple of Storms in Storm Peaks.
- Can combine with: nothing significant.
Damaged Necklaces: The Non-Daily Repeatable
Apart from the daily quests listed above, there is one way to get Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s Tokens. Acquire a Damaged Necklace (which is a BoE drop, and usually sells on the AH for hundreds of gold), and use it to start the quest. The quest asks you to repair the necklace using an uncut chalcedony, and then return it to Timothy Jones.
Unsurprisingly, the Damaged Necklaces are as rare as hen’s teeth, and will possibly cost you an arm and a leg on your realm’s AH. (They’re 600g or more on my server’s Alliance AH, for instance.) However, if you’re desperate for extra tokens and you just can’t wait, they’re your only option.