Sep 09

I’ve been stockpiling herbs in preparation for picking up Inscription on Wrath Day (now, even sooner on Patch 3.0 Day).

My herb banker...

I may have gone too far.

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 1:29 am

(In fact, I’ve got bit of a shortage in the level 40-60 range, which I will probably work to fill over the next couple of weeks.)

Comment by Bellwether

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 1:35 am

needs moar herbz

Comment by megan

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 1:45 am

I don’t care what you say, but that looks like a recipe for something very illegal.

Count me in.

Comment by Softi

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 1:52 am

Hehe Awesome! :)

Comment by Athryn

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 2:02 am

I know from my experiments in Inscription that you don’t need nearly that much Peacebloom and Silverleaf, maybe you can sell the excess at a profit. :)

Comment by Runycat

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 2:17 am

Honestly? I’ve been stockpiling too (although mostly to sell). KEEP GOING.

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 3:21 am

@Athryn – yeah, but the Inscription costs aren’t finalized yet; there are still a lot of bugs and incorrect costs in there. So, I take nothing for granted.

(That said, yeah, I know I’ll have surplus. I shall AH them at a profit once 3.0 hits :))

Comment by Harmun

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 4:34 am

I’ve been considering doing the same thing, but the time needed to stockpile that many herbs is outrageous… the other option is to buy the herbs, but until I know which ones will for sure be used in inscription, I don’t want to risk it.

Comment by Shammy

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 6:06 am

Hello

Great site, I just came from toomanyannas as a direct link to this post.
I tried looking for a contact or an about link on your site but couldn’t.

Anyways my point was to let you know there isn’t a home button on the site. I wanted to see the rest of your posts on the main page but since there isn’t a home button nor does you header image have a link to the main page as well I was a bit lost.

Sorry to put this here but just trying to throw out a small constructive critiscim.

Comment by Gryphonheart

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 6:11 am

Have you gone too far? Or have you not gone too far enough?

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 10:21 am

@Harmun: Most of my pre-TBC herb stocks actually came from levelling up a couple of alts with Herbalism along the way – rather than go through the tedium of farming, I just picked everything I saw as I levelled, then dropped Herbalism once I was high enough :)
@Shammy: Thanks :) There is a Home link in the grey menu on the top right, but it doesn’t display properly for IE users at the moment, and I haven’t managed to bash it back into shape yet. In the meantime you can always just delete everything from the URL except bananashoulders.com :)

Comment by Shammy

Made Tuesday, 9 of September , 2008 at 9:53 pm

Ah yes Im on my iPhone and I can see it now. Sorry but at work I can only use IE6 ;)

Comment by Maerdred

Made Wednesday, 10 of September , 2008 at 3:28 am

Great… now I have to do the same thing… that’s smart.

Comment by Ragar

Made Wednesday, 10 of September , 2008 at 5:44 am

I keep meaning to start stockpiling herbs on Live, but every time I think about it, I get distracted by a quest or an LFG message on the beta. Maybe the next time the server throws a fit and the devs give it a timeout.

Oh, for inscription, have you been able to do much post-300 work with it yet? Since milling for Outland herbs got screwed up this last patch, I haven’t been able to make much progress with the mats I had available.

Made Wednesday, 10 of September , 2008 at 1:19 pm

@Ragar – I haven’t done too much Inscription levelling yet. I want to make a powerlevelling guide for it, so I’m waiting til they fix the mats cost of the glyphs before I go too far with it.

Comment by Mebius

Made Wednesday, 10 of September , 2008 at 1:23 pm

ZOMG!!! You have enough herbs in there to start a supermarket! :)…Hang in there should not be long before the 1-300 lvl is out.

Comment by prettywow

Made Sunday, 14 of September , 2008 at 12:15 am

i’m starting to gather herbs too. but i need lots of space to store those herbs. i’m not sure if i want to do inscription, but i gather them just in case.

Comment by Warcraftecon

Made Monday, 6 of October , 2008 at 12:44 pm

Nice screenshot. I have a similar amount of herbs saved up. Quick question though; for a bank alt, which is cheaper, buying guild bank tabs or all those bags/personal bank slots?

Made Monday, 6 of October , 2008 at 1:05 pm

Well, that’s 292 bank slots there, which is the equivalent of approximately 3 guild bank tabs. 3 tabs in a guild bank would cost 850 gold.
Buying the bank slots for a banker costs 111 gold, plus the bags – approximately 140g in mats for the larger herb bags, about 50g in mats for the smaller herb bags, and about 5g for the regular bags, which comes up at about 735g – so 845 gold for the bags plus the bank slots.
So pricewise, they come out almost even. However, there’s easy room for expansion by adding two more of the big herb bags (280g) for a net gain of 24 slots . Adding any further room on a guild bank would require buying another tab for 1000g (although that’s a cheaper price per slot).
The big advantages for me in doing it this way is that my herb banker character can remain in my guild, which means I don’t have to miss out on guild conversations while I’m banking (which is important as I’m the guild leader) and that I can easily call up what’s on that character using Possessions or a similar addon from any other character, without having to log in to the banker.
However, from a pure financial perspective, it’s probably a 50/50 choice, varying largely on whether mats for bags are cheaper or more expensive on your server, and whether you have access to a crafter who can make the bags.

Made Monday, 6 of October , 2008 at 1:08 pm

Oh, further advantages/disadvantages:
A guild bank slot doesn’t care what kind of item you’re putting in it, so you’re not limited to one type of trade goods.
On the other hand, a banker can upgrade their storage when bigger bags are release (as they are in WotLK); a guild bank can’t.