Jul 21

Note: This post contains spoilers for Wrath of the Lich King.

Take a look around two new areas of the game with this video! We show you a tour of the new Stormwind Harbor, and the boat ride to Valiance Keep, the Alliance stronghold in the Northrend starting zone of Borean Tundra.

Stormwind to Northrend – Siha of Proudmoore

Edit: Sorry about the poorer-quality video; Vimeo no longer allows video game uploads, so I’m trying to find a new host.

Comment by James

Made Monday, 21 of July , 2008 at 6:34 pm

That ship is Enormous i can see it being the source of alot of fun on pvp servers and this will make getting to Newman’s landing so much easier unless it is instanced?

Comment by Softi

Made Monday, 21 of July , 2008 at 11:25 pm

Oooh I love the new ships!

Did I mention I’m jealous? No? Well I am – insanely so!! ;)

Comment by ojiisan

Made Wednesday, 23 of July , 2008 at 6:05 pm

God, your new video host is a load of bullcrap – even with the audio muted, it still plays loud-ass adverts at full volume. Just use damned youtube until your video host of choice can find some decency and/or class. Amateur.

Made Wednesday, 23 of July , 2008 at 9:40 pm

Ojiisan – constructive feedback is welcome, but please keep the hostility to yourself, thanks.

As for the meat of your issue, can you be more specific? I’ve never had imeem (the host) play an ad at me, whether I’m logged in or not (and I just rewatched the video to check).

And as for Youtube, no, I will not use it. The quality is abominable. It’s fine for TV-resolution stuff, but for computer gaming clips it’s so bad it’s not worth the effort of making the vid in the first place.

Comment by Trails

Made Wednesday, 4 of February , 2009 at 10:39 am

Do you need Wrath of the Lich King to ride the boat? Everytime I get on it starts out but then I reappear on the dock. Frustrating. The video you made is fantastic!

Made Thursday, 5 of February , 2009 at 9:19 am

Unfortunately, yes, you do need the WotLK expansion pack to get to Northrend. I recommend it though, it’s great fun!