Oct 22

Baby harp seal, image from National GeographicA quick tip for mana users: in advance of Wrath of the Lich King, you can buy the next rank of “water” already.

Except it’s not water, it’s pungent seal whey. Yummy.

Still, it’ll restore your mana faster than any water’s done before – presumably because you toss it back so fast it can’t hit your tastebuds.

You can buy this charming beverage from the Inn in Ironforge – I haven’t found any other non-Northrend sources of it yet. I imagine there’s a Horde vendor that sells it too – if you’re a Hordie, please post and let me know so I can update the post!

Go ye forth and enjoy your seal whey, folks. Just ignore the smell.

Comment by olaffjelltop

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 4:55 pm

The bread selling lady who wanders in IF (what’s her name again?) sells some Northrend breads, and also pay a visit to the cheese vendor in the entrance of SW. And I think I saw some new waters in Shattrath? Goody!

Comment by Karine

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 5:51 pm

Wow… I don’t think my priest is ready for a sippy box of seal whey. Maybe she’ll go vegan.

Comment by Thrashalot

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 6:24 pm

Not only the next rank of “water” is available, innkeepers in all faction capital cities sell the next rank of “meat” too.

So I’d say head to the capital and lower your downtime :)

PS: As far as I can tell, they are only sold in faction capitals, Shattrah innkeepers don’t stock these.

Comment by Ringo Flinthammer

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 7:18 pm

It’s also available at the Trade District in over in Stormwind.

Comment by Phyllixia

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 10:23 pm

I hope Blizzard puts some high-level arrow/bullet vendors in the main cities too; it was damn annoying being stuck in Azeroth with hearth down and no arrows :P

Comment by Stop

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 10:28 pm

Hordeside: the innkeeper just off the Bazaar in Silvermoon City sells it.

Comment by Janosi

Made Wednesday, 22 of October , 2008 at 11:15 pm

For fellow Hordies, I found the new ‘water’ at the inn in Silvermoon. I haven’t really checked anywhere else.

Comment by BigFire

Made Thursday, 23 of October , 2008 at 1:57 am

As a protection paladin, I think I can get away with using the entry level TBC water just fine. I don’t have that much mana.

Comment by aaron

Made Thursday, 23 of October , 2008 at 8:33 am

I don’t RP at all, but I’ve always tried to keep my toons vegetarian, me being one in real life. When I saw the seal whey I groaned lol, guess I’ll have to deal with it till wrath when there are more options. It’s expensive though, 80s for a 5-stack.

Comment by Fluke

Made Thursday, 23 of October , 2008 at 11:05 am

The innkeeper in Orgrimmar sells this yummy stuff too.

Comment by Squiver

Made Tuesday, 11 of November , 2008 at 3:13 pm

For Hordies I first found this sold by the Fungus Vendor wandering around Undercity. Tasty delicious… by what I gather of the definition of whey… this can either be… ground seal, or the milk protien of seal… I really hope the latter >.<