Oct 03

I’d like you to observe something that many paladins don’t know about.

Old and busted: Lay On Hands in Live.

The new hotness: Lay On Hands on the PTR.

See that? See the change in cooldown? See the change in mana cost? That is going to be a damn fine addition to the healing arsenal, instead of the “omg emergency!” button it has been until now.

Comment by Gwaendar

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 12:54 am

Interesting potential side-effect: with some tweaking you could probably find a way to use it as an additional means to return a second healadin’s mana when he’s OoM and all other means aren’t available.

Comment by Gwaendar

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 1:05 am

On second thought, scratch that. The tweaking needed and the circumstances to take advantage of that ought to be pretty much akin to standing on a brick wall at 17 minutes past 3 in the morning on a full moon happening the 14th of December in an odd-numbered year while wearing bright yellow socks.
In other words, never gonna happen in practice.

Comment by Ngita

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 1:29 am

I have used it exactly that way in the past, but yea most of the time its destined for the tank.

Their is also a glyph for LoH http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41108

Comment by Gnomerie

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 3:02 am

Nice, it means you can afford to use it on every boss fight (or thereabouts) and with Improved LoH, a nice boost to your armor :)

Comment by Jeffo

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 4:27 am

I still find it hard to believe that it costs no mana — can it really make it to live like that, do you think?

Made Friday, 3 of October , 2008 at 6:50 am

@Jeffo – yeah, I think it can. It’s one biiiiig heal on a 20 minute cooldown. Compared to the normal heals we can push out every GCD, it’s not OP, I don’t think. (Remember that it still can’t be used in arenas, too.)