Typhoon Andrew asked, in a recent post, “what 5 abilities, spells, effects, or powers would you like in real life“?
Coming up with an answer is harder than it sounds! After much contemplation…
- Cure Disease. The Paladin version, Cleanse, would be alright as well. Let’s face it; disease is a global problem, and the ability to cure it – including non-infectious diseases – is something I couldn’t go past.
- Heal, or some variant thereof. As someone who’s been plagued with health problems ever since an accident a decade ago, I’m keenly aware of how fragile our bodies are. The ability to heal the wounded would make such a huge difference, both to my own quality of life and to the world in general.
- Swift Flight Form. Because really, who doesn’t want to fly?
- Teleport. I love visiting new places, but the getting-there part of the gets pretty tedious after a while, especially when you live half a day by air from almost anywhere else that speaks your language. Exercise
- Mind Soothe. When my friends and I throw around the old “if you could be any superhero…” conversation, I’m usually keen on the Invisibility-type powers, so Stealth was a strong contender here. I think Mind Soothe – which, in the real world, would really be like a more subtle version of Mind Control – could be plenty of fun, too. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for…”
What would you pick? Awesome combat powers so you can be a ninja? The stealth of a rogue, so cat-burglary can fund your early retirement? Or perhaps Tailoring or Leatherworking, if you aspire to a career in fashion? ;-)