Feb 01

I’m the main jewelcrafter for my guild, thanks to an obsessive dedication to completionism – I have every non-epic pattern. (Sadly I can’t get the epic ones as they require one to be attuned to and/or raiding in Mt Hyjal, which is a rant for another day.)

People are always asking me “what’s a good gem for my gear?” and it’s hard to tell them to go look the gems up, as WoWhead’s database includes gems from all /kinds/ of different sources (and some of the data are inaccurate, as well). So a while ago I whipped up this handy table for my guildies, and I figured I should share it here, too.

This table includes all jewelcrafting gem cuts excluding BoP gems that are JC-only. It is current as of 01 February 08, Patch 2.3.3.

Jewelcrafting Reference Table

If you prefer it in PDF form, you can download a copy here: jc233.pdf.

[Edit: updated version of this is here.]

Comment by Kestrel

Made Saturday, 2 of February , 2008 at 4:28 am

Siha, that is freaking awesome!

I’ll be printing the PDF out at home in about an hour. :D

Made Sunday, 3 of February , 2008 at 12:25 am

Glad you like! I found it was really helpful to visualise what I needed for a given slot, and what my options were.

I keep it updated as patches expand the JC repertoire, so I’ll doubtless post newer versions as necessary. :)

Comment by Sellia

Made Sunday, 3 of February , 2008 at 5:18 am

Wow ! Nice work. =)

Made Sunday, 3 of February , 2008 at 8:58 am

Thanks! Hope it’s helpful.

Pingback by Weekly Digest: Kael Dead, Progression Methods, 2 Guest Posts : World of Matticus

Made Sunday, 3 of February , 2008 at 4:32 pm

[...] likes: The Jewelcrafting Quick Reference Sheet. I even printed out a copy. Unfortunately, since I use a laser printer it’s in black and [...]

Comment by Breana

Made Tuesday, 5 of February , 2008 at 6:03 am

WOW Siha, this is a great help! I am going to my guild know about this and printing it ASAP. What a wonderful resource!

Made Tuesday, 5 of February , 2008 at 9:25 am

Thanks Breana! Hope you find it useful – remember to check back, I’ll be updating it any time there’s new recipes.

Pingback by Banana Shoulders » Jewelcrafting Quick Reference Sheet: 2.4

Made Monday, 11 of February , 2008 at 6:50 pm

[...] An update for this post: [...]

Pingback by Banana Shoulders » Jewelcrafting Quick Reference Sheet: 2.4.2

Made Thursday, 15 of May , 2008 at 11:17 am

[...] Sorry for the radio silence; for health reasons, I’ve been spending very little time online, and it’s really limited my blogging time. Still here! Not dead! And in the meantime, a quick update for this post: [...]

Pingback by Blogroll Additions — Kestrel's Aerie

Made Saturday, 1 of August , 2009 at 6:41 am

[...] Siha, a paladin whose blog is Banana Shoulders (go there and you’ll see why!). She just published an article on an awesome aid for jewelcrafters. [...]